ZimBr Official Offsite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

What does the National Manager have to say?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
yaya
Admin
Admin
yaya

Team Name : Hurricanes

What does the National Manager have to say? Empty
PostSubject: What does the National Manager have to say?   What does the National Manager have to say? EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 6:57 pm

As the first article out from BRZimNews, we at the office think it is time for the nation to get an understanding of our national prospects. With our newly selected national manager DarkRanger taking the lead, and a good leader we have. DarkRanger is one of our most respected senior managers, he up took his role of management from the second season of and hit the BR circuit hard claiming a gold trophy in his debut season. DarkRanger had a good last season finishing second in the cup and taking the bronze trophy after a tough league. Zimbabwe has its leader, can he take us to victory? We head over to the Kamikazi Samurais management office to catch up with DarkRanger and find out what his views and aims are for the international season.

BRZimNews : DarkRanger , now our national manager. The question jumping up and down is where are you taking our national team? There has been talk about dropping the older players thus giving way for the nations youngsters to shine. Can you share your views and thoughts on the topic with the nation.

DR : I have discussed this a bit on the offsite and the general consensus there is to let the younger players shine. Although I fully agree with this and feel it is in better interest of the nation in the long run, I feel that we need to use the older players to just be competitive against the newer teams. I don't just want to grow a good base for Zimbabwe as a nation, I want the team to be a force to be reckoned with between the smaller nations. There is a lot of work that needs to go into making the NT competitive and we'll only be able to do that with the help and support of the community.

I will start calling up players to the squad soonish, and urge managers of these players to please train them as hard as possible. We need these players to have between 7 and 10 sessions each. Especially on the younger guys. The sooner we get them shaped up for national duty, the better.

BRZimNews : Now to a Kamikazi perspective. Tana Ralfe, with his transfer complete do think the Samurais will still have their sting? We believe this sale was made so you could help Zimbabwe out by training some youngsters, do you have any words to give the nation about training and what players you may be looking for?

DR : It was sad seeing Ralfe go, but as a manager of any team, you need to realize that a player has to go at some stage. I made this decision early to gain as much profit out of him to help my club. I feel the Samurais will still be a competitive team, albeit not as dominating come scrum and lineout time.

I currently have my eye on a young Zimbabwe prospect and will be doing what I can to get him and train him. As far as training for the NT goes, it is being looked at. I have not yet built up a squad as there is still a lot of players to consider. Managers of elected Zim NT players will be notified via BR mail of a suggested training regime when the time comes.

BRZimNews Is there anything else you want to add?

DR : Only thing I still have to add is to urge all managers again to make their way over to the offsite and get active. I want your input on matters. 2 heads are better than one, and even though confusion might set in, I just want as many views as possible.

And so you have it the national managers veiws, until next time, goodbye from BRZimNews
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin
markharrison

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

What does the National Manager have to say? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What does the National Manager have to say?   What does the National Manager have to say? EmptySun Oct 03, 2010 4:09 am

Excellent interview.

I for one hope that the nation can get behind the new manager and give him all the support we can.

Go Zimbabwe cheers
Back to top Go down

What does the National Manager have to say?
Page 1 of 1