ZimBr Official Offsite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

Getting involved/NT competition

Go down 
+2
fatman
Mattt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattt
Admin
Admin
Mattt

Team Name : Old But Gold

Getting involved/NT competition Empty
PostSubject: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition EmptyThu May 19, 2011 3:27 am

Hi all!

Basically to be entered you simply got to introduce yourself to your fellow ZIM manager, tell us a bit about yourself etc.. and answer these 3 questions.

1) What would you like to see implemented into the ZIM community? Fresh competition etc..

2) What do you expect of the ZIM nt's?

3)How do you propose we get more people involved on here and out of their BR shell?

For a bit of fun: What are your grand plans for the week if you were to win?

Good luck Draw takes place randomly.

Last edited by Mattt on Thu May 19, 2011 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

PostSubject: Re: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:08 am

hi i'm fatman and i am new in town, i have played 4 seasons in wales and moved to Zim this season. My team (Chiredzi Hippos) are currently in div2 and realistically should stay there for a few seasons to come.

I would like to see a newbie guide and/or a section with useful information (like staffing levels for stadiums or key skills for players by position) these things were quite useful for me when i started out.

I expect the NT to WIN WIN WIN! (unless i get drawn to fill in for matt of course).. but seriously, the NT squad had a flawless season to win the WC shield and get promoted, but this season will be much much tougher and the aim must be to avoid relegation.

I think the Zim community does a fine job getting people involved, it is friendly, active and fun. Apart from giving away free loo roll to any managers that sign up for the offsite, I'm not sure what more anyone could ask for.

My plan for the week would be to try to play to the strengths of the team i picked and hope to keep the score respectable without using up too much energy, as, i guess, there will be games coming up where we will be more competitive.

Last edited by fatman on Thu May 19, 2011 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin
Mattt

Team Name : Old But Gold

PostSubject: Re: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:21 am

Nice one mate. Just added a sneaky little question for a bit of fun.

Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran
muzza

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition EmptyThu May 19, 2011 4:30 am

Hi all, my name is muzza, you may know me as the ZIM journalist. If you don't, you should check out the global lobby!! This is my third season in ZIM, and second as journalist, my team are the Reading Royals Exiles, and hav found myself in division 2, where I am likely to stay for some time, just as fatman.

1) I would like to see anything introduced that will encourage more people to be involved. If I had anymore ideas, I would have started something, lol.

2) I expect the ZIM NT to continue to be one of the most progressive of the new sides, and to push on to be competitive at the level above for the next world cup (eg plate or bowl or whichever it is)

3) Well, I figured that having something more fun, such as the caption competition, may help new people get involved.
Back to top Go down
sean pwns
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition EmptyThu May 19, 2011 5:11 am

Hi, Im sean and Im in division 2 and unlike my colleagues I intend to promote to division 1 (and swiftly relegate) I have been in Zimbabwe (and BR) for 3 seasons
1) I dont think we are short on competitions in Zim there seems to be one every other day and they are all great

2) To stick in division 2 for the next season and a bowl semis at least at the WC

3) This is definatly the toughest question, and we can send messages make comps offer advice etc. to new managers but in the end it often isnt enough but thats something we will have to deal with

A party would be in order if I win Very Happy
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin
markharrison

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

PostSubject: Re: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:16 am

Hello, my name is Mark and I am the manager of the Old Modernians. In the world of BR I am asst journalist to Muzza, cheif scout for U20's manager Yaya and general dogsbody for NT manager Mattt. Outside of the game, I am a married man with a son (Charlieh) who aslo plays the game. I recently hung up my boots so am now officially a retired lock Smile

So my answers:

1) I actually think that we have a very active community in general, though it is always nice to see a few new faces in the clubrooms. As for what i would like to see implemented, well a U20's training programme would be excellent. Would like to see this mirror what other BR countries are doing, i.e. having a group of 30 - 40 youths in training for say every 2nd WC. With some sort of reward for training results etc.

2) The Zim NT squad is looking very competitive this season, but I am being realistic and i would not expect the same fireworks that we had last season. Having said that I would like to see the same tactical nous that Mattt imployed during the WC, that is of targeting the games that we are capable of winning and going all out. So a mid table finish for me would be great.

3) Well I think my last two articles may have helped to answer that. Firstly, the Zim Manager awards, which I hope will incentivise all the managers in Zimbabwe to get involved. There is a catagory that should fit all lvls of manager within the game as well as rewarding those that get involved at an NT lvl. Secondly, to advertise the offsite as often as possible, the idea being that once managers realise that they can come somewhere else to discuss all things BR, they will start to put their opinions across.

4) Finally, what would I do if I were in charge for the week. Easy I would win!!
Back to top Go down
richardturner

Team Name : Crowthorne Union of New Tea Soup

PostSubject: Re: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition EmptyMon May 23, 2011 9:28 am

Hello, my name is Richard, I just moved to Zimbabwe after playing BR for over a year and half in England.

1) More people who are extremely active, a few from other nations to bring experiance but also a lot of new managers who havent played BR before as then the BR member base is also growing (hopfully all to us)

2) This season is all about survival in the new harder league.

3) You can't force people to get more active and join the offsite, but you can trick them and indocturinate their minds with loads of advertising of the offsite so then its just the place to be.

For a bit of fun: Basicly to get a great feel for the NT team and completely humiliate PI in the game (fingers crossed)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting involved/NT competition   Getting involved/NT competition Empty

Back to top Go down

Getting involved/NT competition
Page 1 of 1