ZimBr Official Offsite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan Empty
PostSubject: U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan   U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 5:48 am

Manager: Keogh

Player: Cillian Duggan

Hi Keogh, welcome to Zimbabwe, it's great to have a manager of your calibre here. What has been the most nervewracking aspect since joining up with your new African counterparts?
Renaming the stadium. Was thinking of Mugabe Park until someone politely told me that while this might curry favour with the government, it was likely to get me and my players beheaded.

You have obviously been putting a lot of effort into training your player for the Zimbabwe U20 team. Has the sacrifice been worth it?
Sleepless nights, my kids who don't know their father, a divorce, no money? Absolutely!

In your mind’s eye do you have an analogous player you compare Cillian to?

All my players are hetrosexual, if you don't mind!

As the most timid member of the squad what techniques does Cillian have for being included as part of the squad?
As we say in Ireland, "he needs a good kick up the hole" before each match. That usually does the trick.

Did you ever suspect he had Zimbabwean blood in him when he was in Ireland?

Sort of. He once tried to take some land off his neighbouring farmer until the authorites stopped him. Here there was no problem here in confiscating 10 acres for Jacaranda Park where the Devils are now located.

When with the squad how do they keep Cillian’s feet on the ground?
Weights in his boots. You should see his quads!

What strange/interesting fact about Cillian is there?
He's actually Irish but keep that to yourself. Shhhhhhhh

Where do you see him in 5 seasons time?
NT hero & father of many children.

What will he do on retiring?
The fastest Prime Minister in Africa.

What level of education does the trainee have?
Catholic boarding school. Did I mention that he's hetrosexual? Emphasis that, please.

What does Cillian do outside of official training to stay in shape?
A vegetable patch where he grows potatoes. He's going to be cut up when he figures out that they don't grow too well in Zimbabwe.

What are the contrasts between the approaches of your club coach and your international mentor Markharrison?
Who? Wink

Thank you for those insights Keogh. A very interesting perspective on one of Zimbabwe's brightest and shyest stars. Best of luck for the season
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran
muzza

Team Name : Reading Royals

PostSubject: Re: U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan   U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:37 am

Haha love it, nice one flintoff.

One thing is not clear though - is Duggan homosexual??
Back to top Go down
Droos
Droos

Team Name : South African Sharks

PostSubject: Re: U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan   U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan EmptySat Apr 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Flintoff wrote:
Sort of. He once tried to take some land off his neighbouring farmer until the authorites stopped him. Here there was no problem here in confiscating 10 acres for Jacaranda Park where the Devils are now located.

Laughed hard and long at this!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan   U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan Empty

Back to top Go down

U20 interview: Keogh & Cillian Duggan
Page 1 of 1