ZimBr Official Offsite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

Interviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
muzza
Veteran
Veteran
muzza

Team Name : Reading Royals

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Interviews   Interviews EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:14 am

19/01/11 Interview with NT manager by muzza

1) First off, Mattt, what attracted you to the game in general and to Zimbabwe?

More Rugby attracted me to the game, i use to always want a rugby game, then one day BR was mentioned on a Rugby forum I regularly post on and have never looked back from there. There are a good group of us from going strong on here

2) How do you feel after your recent NT appointment?

Absolutely delighted! Can't tell you how thrilled I am. As I'm sure you know it's been a goal for a while and there nothing better than getting what you want! Now I'm determined to do well as I'm sure a lot of people have found with hounding of players and training etc. since my appointment a couple of days ago.

3) Is there any players who you think the ZIM community should be watching carefully?

Well my young 17 yr old Mr.Digby is one for the future sure! But in all seriousness your young lock, Merriman is one to keep a close eye on as he has great potential. In the NT set up currently I'm hoping for a big season from Van Der Merwe and Andrewartha, and of course my guy Kofi Boswell!

4) Where is your team name from?

I wanted it to be a bit comical and me and my Missus were throwing all sorts out there. Then I came across Super Heroes In Training on the net, thought it would be a good one, My missus then shouted out the acronym and I was always gonna keep it then!!

5) Many people are excited about your matches with Thinus this season, are you looking forward to them too?

Of course. Lots of tough games this season, but he is definitely an early rivalry and I'm hoping for some good banter with him int he league. And obviuosly I'll be looking to take that shiny gold cup off him in 8 weeks. Afterall I'm defending national cup champion too Razz

6)What are you hopes for the season?

First and foremost for Super Heroes In Training, it is to win the cup. Never going to happen now I've said it, but it is my main single goal at club level. At international level, and most important thing for me this season is to perform, and compete really well for silverware and go onto the WC and give a good account of ourselves. I'd be disappointed if we didn't compete well, but it won’t happen unless the ZIM community get behind the team and we get things spot on.

Thanks Mattt and good luck
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran
muzza

Team Name : Reading Royals

Interviews Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interviews   Interviews EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 6:18 am

Interview with U20 manager by muzza
Tuesday 25 January 2011, 8:18pm
1)What made you decide to start playing the game, and then to join Zimbabwe?

I discovered BR when i was bored one day and started looking for rugby management games and i've been hooked ever since .Being a born and bred Zimbabwean i was naturally one of the most eager to join the country and help bring it up

2)Congratulations on becoming the first U20 manager, how does this make you feel?

Very excited and delighted about being appointed the u20 manager .That was one of the main reasons i joined Zim,to be able to contribute and play a major role in the country .i'm very much looking forward to the challenge of managing this young team

3)Is there any players who you think the ZIM community should be watching carefully?

Naturally i'm a bit biased towards my own star in the making Lucas Du Randt and the 17 yr old Merriman who's got a very bright future ahead of him

4)Where is your team name from?

Its a name from Lord of the Rings trilogy one of my favourite movies of all time , and it fits well with my favourite stadium the Carisbrook which happens to be in Dunedin ,NZ

5)Following phibeon's mass sale and Dark Rangers inactivity are you hoping to challenge Muffin Chuckers for the title this season?

Yep ,this seasons looking very good from my point of view and i'm looking to get the Bronze trophy at the very least.

6)What are you hopes and plans for the season?

right now i'm concentrating on training youth players for both my team and the u20's but come season end i'm hoping to have a league trophy in my cabinet plus a winners medal for the CC

Thanks mbaxman and good luck for the season
Back to top Go down

Interviews
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZimBr Official Offsite :: BR Zimbabwe News :: BRZimNews-
Jump to: