ZimBr Official Offsite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

U20 possibles

Go down 
+4
Safe Hands
fatman
seanand
hof
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hof

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to pick your brains regarding you S18 U20's...

I have 3 players who qualify.

1/ Ramsden. 38k Hook/prop. 1500 gains weekly, very rounded key skills, 10/11s throughout.

2/ Kinsella. 32k Hook. 1000+ gains weekly, not so rounded but tech at 13 already, handling only 8 though (although that was hammered from 5)

3/ Jean Paul Simon. 30k heavy back/light backrow. 12 stamina, 10 defence and tech. 9 Att, Speed, Stre, only 5 for handling though.

Players 1 and 2 are welsh and have been offered to the guy sorting the U20 plan. I know there are 3/4 hookers in the top Welsh players not including my 2, so they aren't that important to Wales, and I get the feeling I have pee'd a few people off and they are not wanted by the welsh anyway, so they may come with me.

I was looking for a 3rd trainee, and picked up Simon for just 20k. I know he's behind but if he gets 10 sessions for the rest of the season he may not be that far behind other centres.

My point is without asking for specifics, where do these players stand in relation to your U20 possibles?

The first 2 are pretty well rounded and are very good prospects, Simon however is behind and needs a lot of catching up, his CSR will be affected by his Handling training. Does he (or the other 2) stand a chance or will I be flogging a dead horse?

Cheers guys,

Hof
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptySat May 19, 2012 1:02 am

tbh all three have a great chance of making it. going purely on csr at the moment as this isnt a private forum, i would put your centre 2nd csr wise and your top hooker no1 in there respecttive positions. is simon from ya or zim?

if ramsden was trained to be a prop on csr wise hes top 2 id say. i didnt search so dont know untrainables
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptySat May 19, 2012 3:56 am

Ramsden and Kinsella will both make the Squad imo. Very Happy

Simon is Nambian and will not switch nationalities when you move as you bought him in. He will not qualify through DN either as that takes 3 seasons from the day you move to Zim (day1 S16).

Tbh most teams find training 1 or 2 U20's enough of a drain on their squads, it might be worth your while using the other sessions to bolster your club players and give you a chance to escape from divIII when you get here.
Back to top Go down
hof

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:34 am

Oh balls.

Someone did say if I bought anyone in they would not qualify for 3 seasons from the date of move...

Well that was a waste of 20k!!!!

Am looking for a third trainee though, as selling off my entire squad and any nets would be a waste, if I had a third player I could sell them at seasons end for a bit of monetary gain.
Back to top Go down
Safe Hands
Veteran
Veteran
Safe Hands

Team Name : Koodoo Rand Diamond Geezers

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptySat May 19, 2012 10:56 pm

Hof here are the current CSRs of the hooker trainees as of this week

Taonatose Garaba - 36k - 116kg
Bambanani Nsamba - 30k - 114kg (being trained primarily for Ireland)
Chungwon Choe - 30k - 122kg
Kutenda Makwarimba - 26k - 129kg
Karlo Osibov (DN) - 25k - 115kg

If the squad was picked at this point your player Ramsden would be about our highest CSR player and sure to make the squad.

Kinsella would be around 10th overall in CSR but if trained at hooker would be our 3rd highest in that position

If you are planning on training them both up for Zim it would be more benficial for both you and Zim if one of them was trained up for a different position. I don't know their skills so can't acurately tell you which one and for what position but with Kinsella starting with such low handling and high technique could he possibly be a back row forward?

Back to top Go down
hof

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyMon May 21, 2012 6:47 am

Safehands

Kinsella is Psychotic and reckless I think, you want to keep him as far away from the back row as possible!!!

His handling is up to 8 now, he gained 1108 from training tuesday alone and that included 4 slots on handling, so his CSR gains are still decent enough.

Ramsden is the much better, and very well rounded player IMO.

At present they are both receieving front row primaries, with handling thrown in, kind of in an attempt to not rule them out of prop or hooker position, but that will have to be looked at seriously soon.

As I said before, not sure if they are for Zim, I did promise them to Towz (U20coordinator S18) but then I also asked him to find a buyer for my 30k CSR big boy in the back row. He didn't bother, the player sold for 80k to an Aus team who then apparently bragged about it and I took stick for it.

Both my players are very high up the CSR list for Wales, but they have an abundance of front row/hookers so not sure how much they care.

Who they get trained for will probably end up being a result of how the Welsh community treat me and them, and if they carry on as they have started I will have no option but to bring them with and give to you guys.

Hope I don't sound too long winded, but they were promised to Wales first, lets see how much they hammer me first before the move!!!
Back to top Go down
seanand
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : newcastle west

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyMon May 21, 2012 9:28 am

whatever happens hof iv got you back Smile , i hope it can be resolved man i kept my move quiet till late thank god but i got some stick too. best try to leave as nicely as possible.

and you players i hope we get them but in the end its up to you who they play for. i think the new changes means phys isnt too bad anymore so he could be turned into a backrow
Back to top Go down
wilf3uk

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:44 am

Hof - stop being a doughnut. Your U20 trainees will turn Zimb at the end of the season unless called up by NGS(which he wont), so just train them for the needs of Zimbabwe.

*can someone edit in hofs profile pic onto here. It seems strange not seeing his lovely picture every time that he posts a msg.
U20 possibles Scree507
He's on the right

Back to top Go down
hof

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Actually I'm on the left! Wilf is on the right!
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Nice budgie smugglers!
Back to top Go down
markharrison
Admin
Admin
markharrison

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Nice hair, you look like an extra from Hairspray tongue
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:06 am

Ignore them Hof, there are just jealous. We all had years where we looked like a drunk, Australian Chris Waddle.
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran
muzza

Team Name : Reading Royals

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyFri May 25, 2012 1:11 am

It's the nose that's freaking me out to be honest
Back to top Go down
wilf3uk

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles EmptyFri May 25, 2012 2:56 am

hof wrote:
Actually I'm on the left! Wilf is on the right!

We've been over this a million times. I am the strong, silent type on the left.....and you are the cross dressing wierdo, with extremely small pants on the right bounce

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

U20 possibles Empty
PostSubject: Re: U20 possibles   U20 possibles Empty

Back to top Go down

U20 possibles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ZimBr Official Offsite :: General Discussions-
Jump to: