ZimBr Official Offsite
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Blackout Rugby Zimbabwe Offsite

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inBlackout Rugby

TEAM PROFILES

Go down 
+5
squeaks
markharrison
fatman
Mattt
Mbax
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mbax
Admin
Admin
Mbax

Team Name : The Golden Company

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:05 am

i thought it would be a fun idea to do short profiles about our respective teams . Show what makes em tick , key players, stadium names a bit of trivia that kinda think .All for a fun reading of course geek

Start with mine

Team Name : Selous Scouts (formely Immortals, Titan Immortals ,Dunedain Exiles )

Stadium : Camp Wafa Wafa capacity 10851

Notable Achievements : Won the BRWC 07 against severe odds , Cup runner up in Season 11 and S11 Super Zim Cup Champ and of late a very lucky win against Thinus 15 Smile

Trivia : Went on a 6 game losing streak from december to january .Worst in club history ;
S11 streak 25- 6

Named after the legendary selous scouts of pre 1980 Zim
Went from a team of homegrown talent to a team of mercenaries in s11 lol!

Most Capped player : Stephen Johnston 401 caps Exclamation

Key Players : Rodrigo Rattin - Zim international and first name on teamlist . Deployed anywhere in the backline ,mostly 12& 13
Sione Tuikabe (291 caps ) - Aussie import and attack guru responsible for the tons of turnovers after opposition linebreaks .
Charles McCracken(276 caps ) - French pint sized hooker with a knack of finding the tryline
Johnston - Penalty machine , negative and positive lol very reliable in tight games
Lucas Du Randt- (122 caps) Future Zim international and first choicer pace merchant with 94 tries at just the tender age of 20 !!

Tate Tossel (160 caps ) - 22 yrs former zim international and recently handed over the kicking duties and now rapidly approaching 800 points

Last edited by Mbax on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://zimbr.nstars.org
Mattt
Admin
Admin
Mattt

Team Name : Old But Gold

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 pm

Nice idea! Will do mine as soon as I get time this afternoon Smile
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:17 pm

Team Name Chiredzi Hippos (formerly Aberystwyth Wanderers)

Stadium Our Place Capacity 9450

Notable Achievements none (yet)

Trivia Promoted from Div iv to Div ii in consecutive seasons
I have made more money on the TM than i have spent
My Youth Team is unbeaten in over 11 months and i am looking to go at least a year without a loss or draw.

Key Players
Jake Westacott. (110 caps) Mr Dependable at full back, one of the first graduates of my academy and a solid, if unspectacular member of my first team. He leads the tackle count for my team in the league this season.
Jacob Belth. (49 caps) A huge lump of a lock at 205cm 123kg Stumpy's lineout stats are impressive, secured 209 conceded 16 stolen 77, it's why we love him!
Joshua Rowling. (60 caps) J.K. is the first name on my team sheet, his skill with the boot has seen him (briefly) called up into the Zim U20 squad this season. He leads the league in meters kicked this season with 3061m.
Joe Jones. (31 caps). At only just 18 years old, J.J. is the youngest talent in my squad, but already he is the first of my players to exceed 40k CSR and is hotly tipped to make the Zim U20 squad next season. This boy is gonna be a star!

and finally, one for the future..
Next season will see my most talented youth player, Chenjerai Kamwendo, promoted to the full squad. Kamwendo shows great promise and we hope he will go on to represent Zim in the U20 WC in S16.
Back to top Go down
Mbax
Admin
Admin
Mbax

Team Name : The Golden Company

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:19 pm

lol stumpy the 205 cm lock Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://zimbr.nstars.org
markharrison
Admin
Admin
markharrison

Team Name : Chinhoyi Rhinos

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:50 pm

Team Name: Old Modernians

Stadium: Bedquilts Capacity 8,750

Notable Achievements:
Promoting from Div III in Season 11 by beating a very good Gnomes team in the playoff final; also making the semi-final of the National Cup in the same season.
Breaking into the top 10 teams in Zimbabwe, which while an honour is also a curse.

Trivia:
I probably have the dubious honour of being the only club in Zimbabwe that is currently in debt.
My club and ground are named after the team that I still play for in Yorkshire, UK.

Key Players:
Johnny "The Biggest Bear" Orchard (258 caps) The only player who I have paid over $500k for and the talisman for my whole team. When he arrived he slotted straight in at No.8 and has gelled the back-row together brilliantly.

Garikai Mnkandla (64 caps & 16 U20’s caps) Home grown talent is a wonderful thing and Mnkandla is the perfect example of that. He is Old Mods through and through, in fact it is said that if you cut him in two the black and red stripes would run right through him. Watch this young man, great things are expected of him!!

Nicholas "Dazzler" Gough (149 caps) The Old Mods very own points machine. Since making his debut back in R10 of season 10, he has amassed over 700 points for the team. A versatile player at just about anywhere in the backline, he is certainly going to go down as the club’s all-time leading scorer.

and finally, one for the future..
Mthokozisi Mabika (41 caps) Has been groomed for the Season 14 U20’s World Cup since coming through the youth ranks in season 11. A hard hitting centre that can both hit it up or knock’em down, he is certain to cause a few bruises throughout his career.
Back to top Go down
Mattt
Admin
Admin
Mattt

Team Name : Old But Gold

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Team Name: Old But Gold/Super Heroes In Training

Stadium: Craphouse Capacity It is currently 10.126 but being expanded.

Notable Achievements:
Going from division 4 in my first season in Wales to Premiership in 4 seasons.
3 consecutive National Cups 1 in Wales and 2 in ZIM

Trivia:
My club have not lost a National cup game since the 28th July 2010 (Welsh quarters S9)
I have the highest transfer history in ZIM (?) Making $64,075,710 and spending $64,279,082
Not many players last longer than a season in my team. Not 1 player has survived from my 1st National Cup win and only 1 player has survived from my 2nd win in S11.

Key Players:
Owen Finnevar - Soon to be a key NT player. This lad cost me a bomb from Yaya but since buying him he is leading the National Team race to 200K gain each week and overall gains. He is a monstor player that every club wants to have!

Fatty Lewis - My pride and joy from the early days. Was a record transfer at 100K when he was a youngster. Trained him into an Irish U20then sold him for big bucks. Brought him back home a couple of weeks ago. Will hopefully be leading ZIM out in the season 15 WC, he will certainly be playing!

One for the future.
Aaron Tudor Just bought from Fatman. Pops constantly, making big gains and going to be a very good back for many season to come at my club and hopefully both the under 20's and NT
Back to top Go down
squeaks

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:34 am

TEAM NAME: Muffin Chuckers

STADIUM: Muffin Chuckers Arena CAPACITY: 17150

Notable Achievements:
Won DIV I in ZIM twice since migrating here.
Taken the ZIM cup once.

TRIVIA
My has never been above 2mil for over a week. I have over a hundred stars saved up for my next youth pull.

Key Players

Tana Royston - With over 400 caps he his the backbone around which my team is formed. He was also promoted out of the Muffin Chuckers Youth Academy many seasons ago.

Skip Lumley - Pairing him at center with Royston, makes these two the most devastating center pair in Zimbabwean club rugby.

Koei Rakubutu - The youngster in the team, has not really been able to prove him self in club rugby, but performance at NT level shows that he is a player to be reckoned with.

FUTURE - Muffin Chuckers youth sqaud has one or 2 youth players that will be making it big when promoted into the senior squad.
Back to top Go down
fatman
Veteran
Veteran

Team Name : Chiredzi Hippos

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:03 am

squeaks wrote:

FUTURE - Muffin Chuckers youth sqaud has one or 2 youth players that will be making it big when promoted into the senior squad.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing how that monster lock of yours turns out.
Back to top Go down
Flintoff
Veteran
Veteran

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 1:24 am

TEAM NAME: Oldschoolruckers in homage to the halcyon days where it was impossible to be a pretty (and good) forward.

STADIUM: Dog Shit Park 5000 capacity (with no standing)

NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS: Zero to date, promotion from Div V is not an achievement. A few odd good results, holding my own in Div IV with the second worst squad. Watch this space though.

TRIVIA: An eye for a bargain has lead to some interesting acquisitions: locks 17 year old lock 8kCSR 210cm/108kg 35K, 21 year old lock 14k CSR 208cm 117kg 85K, props 125kg & 130kg for 9K and 3K respectively. There has to be some benefit from spending too much time on the site.

I have never had any money and tend to spend it whenever I get any. Having a bond system where I physically could not spend anything would be great…

I seem to be able to buy and sell reasonably, it would be nice to see this differential continue

KEY PLAYERS:
Brahim Saint Don – a first week purchase with twinkling toes. Will never be sold and will form the basis of my backline in some capacity for ever more
Craig DonLeavy: another first week purchase who I have seen improve tremendously, he doesn’t miss a tackle and now actually can run a bit.
The fat men up front, specifically Cyril “Nice one” Lahaie: 210cm of gristle. After a few seasons of being fed up he will be formidable.
Matsu "Donkey feeder" Katsushika. Currently a hooker but likely will revert to scrumhalf when a ‘fatty’ version becomes available.
Finally Ugo Downy, some would say he is too small for the open side, “Some” then end up on their arse as he tramples over them.
Back to top Go down
muzza
Veteran
Veteran
muzza

Team Name : Reading Royals

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:25 am

Think this is a very interesting idea mbax!!

Team Name : Reading Royals Exiles

Stadium : Slash Bowl 10,000

Notable Achievements : ummmm......as mentioned recently winning a friendly against number one in wales is probably highlight. Although finishing 3rd in div 4 in my second season back in england was a decent effort too.

Trivia : Have never spent more than £500k on a player
Named after Reading football club

Most Capped player : Ivan Unai 135(ish) caps

Key Players :
Travis Merriman - recently voted most hyped youngster in ZIM, a lock, WC Shield winner and U20 star, what more do you need to know

Xavier Tawera - 30 year old centre, who was purchased in season 10 to provide some much needed solidity in midfield.

Faipa Bole - utility forward, another of the ageing generation, but one who has filled an important hole in the front row.

Bhekithemba Lee - the young prop has come on in leaps and bounds this season after graduating the academy and will be a key member of the side for years to come
Back to top Go down
yaya
Admin
Admin
yaya

Team Name : Hurricanes

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 5:05 am

Team Name: Hurricanes, formerly known as the Silver Wolfs.

Stadium: Westpac Stadium - 13,600 (18,000 on 3rd Oct)

Achievements: Maintained a place in the Zim Div.I for as long as Zim has been around, reached the finals last season.

Trivia: Up untill now i have never had more than a mil for a week as i was using it all to invest in faclities etc. However with the sale i hit over 10 mil which has gone mostly into two future stars..

Key Players:

Lamont Van Staaden: $4,298,582 was spent on the South African U20 player, a buy that could change the face of the Zim NT line up come the S15 WC but also remain as a stud for the canes in the seasons building up to that point and maybe beyond... Right now he currently sits at the top of the table in the race to 200k however i cant take any credit for that yet.. but at 19yo and with plenty of time and dedication i dare say this lad may be one of the BR greats..

Jacques-Antoine Bonheur: Another foreign U20 import, this time in the form of a French hooker... Bonheur was another pricey singing ($2,390,183) meant to in aid Zim's NT dreams, and so far so good as he has already shown huge improvements putting on almost 10k since joining the canes, same to be said for Bonheur, really huge potential here at only 19yo, this is only the beginning of an amazing career.

Sid Wylam: A player i have a huge admiration for, Wylam was signed at 27k csr when he was 17yo ($250,000) and became an almost instant hit to the Canes backline with big training gains and remarkable performances. Wylam is another player hoping to feature in the Zim NT set up, and as a fly half he may be in with a shot but as the youngest of my three and before he can book himself a place in the NT he has to serve time as a baby sable in the U20's..

Future for the Canes: We'll as all aims right now lie on improving the three above players, the canes may sit back and earn some money, however after their time is up i will pay the debt i owe the U20's and train three fresh zim stars from scratch..
Back to top Go down
Hayafundi

Team Name : Eendracht

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 8:46 am

Team Name: Eendracht

Stadium: The Massacre

Achievements
: Eendracht won its ever game (friendly) 24-33 playing away to Spanish side RC Babel under my tutelage. Eendracht led the game 0-18 before the half hour mark, but RC Babel came back and led 19-18 at one stage. The team managed to crawl their way back during the latter stages of the second half thankfully.

Trivia: Eendracht is as at this time the youngest club in Zimbabwe. The club has invested money in older players to start off with. The highest CSR in the team being currently injured Barry O'Halligan (Irish) at 29,289 CSR.

Key Players: Nothing fancy to speak of, but Jack Scully had a great debut stealing countless opposition lineout balls and at 132Kg and 204cm he is my prime lock.

Eendracht's mission: The immediate aim is to qualify for the league playoffs (Eendracht is 5th at the moment) and hopefully win some needed money. Eendracht has invested in a youth scout and will be collecting stars to use once the club has reached training facilities lvl 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TEAM PROFILES Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PROFILES   TEAM PROFILES Empty

Back to top Go down

TEAM PROFILES
Page 1 of 1